Share This Page On Facebook Share This Page On Twitter
authorstream.net

Secrets Of Successful Authors

Posted on January 15, 2020 by Franklyn Helfinstine

When the writing bug hits you, get out your pencil, typewriter,a word processor or tape recorder and go to work.

Personal needs and desires, such as"How to Make Money" can put you on the path to success in the writing area. There are five main emotional appeals for selling this sort of book: Money, Self Preservation, Family, Romance, Recognition. These appeals can be constructed into your writings.

It pays to make up a good advertising schedule several months beforehand and if you do reach the pages with your ads, be sure they"Drip" with excitement!

The name is of the greatest importance. It can determine the sales volume to a large amount. Price your report so you can come out with a fantastic profit. You will want to create tests to see whether your book will bring in the necessary price before going into full scale advertising.

Many people are dreamers not"do'ers". It's just a short step to be a do'er... Just do it!

Sometimes it is much better to write a solid ad before you write the report, then make the report meet your ad. Make your advertisements friendly.

Write about a particular subject in a special manner: Strive to write in such a manner you will get repeat orders or will receive orders from the same customers for your other books and products. Have a follow-up program all set.

Ship your orders without delay. Do not hold them up for checks to clear. It is going to do you a whole lot more harm than getting a couple of bad checks. Offer a free bonus for"purchasing now".

Get quality printing for use with all your paper needs (letterheads, envelopes, circulars, sales letters, return envelopes, order forms, etc..)

You may set up a distributor program, sell your books direct to the customer, or use both approaches.

It's a fantastic idea to give your other publications a boost within the pages of your other reports and books, but do not brag about your achievements or attempt to sell all of your own goods in the body of your book.

HOW TO PRICE YOUR BOOK!

Whatever amount you come up with for the purchase price of your book, remember that advertising expense will usually require 50% to 60% of your selling price if you're going to promote your book properly and get into the mass market. This just leaves 40% to 50% of the sales proceeds for all your other expenses and a reasonable profit for your efforts. And remember"all other expenses" include not only the cost of typesetting, printing, mailing and other direct costs, but also includes numerous variable and indirect expenditures; such as auto, depreciation, insurance, and all the other"general overhead", even if you just work part-time from your dwelling. Then you should have enough left over to"pay yourself" a reasonable draw for your time, effort and risk!

Failure to comprehend that the"Mathematics of Mail Order" is the basic reason most people don't succeed when trying to sell books by mail.

Among the most important things to learn about mailorder mathematics is just exactly where your break-even point is. This varies drastically depending on the total units produced and marketed. The units sold the less the price per unit. To put it differently, the more you sell the more flexible you can be in pricing your product.

Never cost a publication at less than total cost, merely to increase sales, unless you have computed correctly that the increased sales will reduce you unit cost sufficiently to overcome any possible loss.

On the opposite side of this"coin", if the cost of your publications is too high, you might be in a worse position than if selling for only half the cost. Perhaps a cost reduction of 50% will get you 500% more earnings thus decreasing your variable costs per unit satisfactorily. The loser is immediately turned into a blockbuster! Only tests will tell.